Saturday, October 14, 2017

NBA Relics

Various game used items from the NBA. Some are pretty spectacular if I don't say so myself...
 Like that one...I actually had to be talked into this one because it was higher than I usually like to go for one card...I don't like to go double digits for a single card (especially when there are so many cheap ones I want) but this amazing patch got me. It's also my first card from the set, and is SN15/25. It wasn't the only spectacular Warriors patch I picked up, though...
That's a big chunk of the D from his name on the back of the jersey. Cool! It's not game worn (neither is the McCaw), both come from the Rookie Photo Shoot. That's just fine with me...and it also means that there's a pretty high likelyhood of the jersey being the same one worn in the photographs on the actual card, although not a guarantee because it's known that the players do wear multiple jerseys at the event, many with the specific intent to put on cards. I got some other patches too...
This is actually my first Knicks patch. I think. The back states that the Malik Rose patch is also from a Knicks jersey, but I don't think it is. Color wise it looks more like Heat or Bulls. Neither of which he played for, ever. I wonder if it's a mistake on UD's part...or perhaps some sort of special jersey I don't know about, because I was pretty much totally away from the game in 2008-09. Interestingly, both Malik Rose and Jerome James's careers ended before this card was issued.
 Sorry madding, this will NOT be in my next mailing to you, this one is for me! Both pieces are patches, although the Outlaw is single color.
I love the bright colors the Hawks wear, appearing a neon greenish yellow on TV. I wanted to see what they looked like in person, and this card fit the bill pretty darn well, I'd say. The bottom patch has a little bit of white- telling me that it is probably from the lettering, but I don't know if it's his name or the team name. I'd wager that his name on the back is more likely.

I got some non-patch jersey cards as well...
First from the set, and it shows the Nets alternate better than any other card I have.
I don't have a lot of hat cards. It's actually shiny silver.

 Had no idea this Target-exclusive set existed. I am a big fan of Throwback jerseys so had to get my hands on this one. Harrison didn't pan out...last I knew he was working at a McDonald's. Some former players own fast food restaurants (Vin Baker, Jamal Mashburn come to mind) but he was the fry cook. Sad.
I still can't believe the Nets traded him. What an incredibly stupid thing to do. Not going to be much fun watching the Nets this year or for the foreseeable future. I will, because they are my team. but ugh. He was the last player left from the New Jersey era, as well.

3 comments:

  1. On the SP Game Used triple patch card, does the back say the Jerome James is also from the Knicks? I am wondering if they accidentally switched Malik Rose Knicks relic with the Jerome James Bulls relic. I know James never got in to a Bulls game but there are photos of him in a Bulls uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does...I am guessing that's exactly what they did, because it sure looks like Bulls. Maybe he played for them in the preseason? Can't seem to find them on basketball reference.

    ReplyDelete