Thursday, August 10, 2017

My first NHL error!

I know I promised last week that I would get a post up about my error collection...and I would have, except I got a boatload of new cards in the mail, way more than I was expecting. Between July 27th and August 5th I got exactly 2388 new cards...that's more than I've gotten in some entire years! (In fact, you could combine all the cards I got in 2007, 08 and 2011 and still not hit half that total!) A large majority of these cards were gifts from fellow collectors, although there were a couple of trades, my monthly SI for Kids subscription, and a small promo set I nabbed on Ebay also included in that total.

It's set my timeline for getting my error cards posted back by a bit. I will try to fit them in but I need to make a couple posts about the cards I got too! Maybe I can compose a post while I'm scanning the new cards?

Anyway, in that large group, which was mostly NHL hockey, I got my first ever NHL error card! I now have an error from every major sport except football.


This is a base card from 2002-03 Upper Deck, the flagship set. It's off center, with part of this card missing and part of another card present. (Check the bottom right of the front- there's some foil there from another card).

It may not be as spectacular as the baseball error I showed late last month, but it is, nonetheless, my first NHL error! Off-center cards with parts missing is actually the most common error, and thus the largest portion of my error collection.

I don't actually have a copy of the card without the error yet. I didn't even have 2002-03 UD present in my collection before July 27th.

2 comments:

  1. Cool! Congrats on the first NHL error.

    Love that Thrashers jersey too. I wish they never left for Winnipeg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      It seems weird to me that a team moved so recently.

      Delete