Saturday, April 1, 2017

30 Day Card Challenge 1: Current season photo Liked

Recently Tony at Off Hiatus Baseball put forth the concept of a 30 day baseball card challenge. It's a great idea, and I originally said in a comment on his blog that I would be condensing it down because I have other stuff I want to post as well. But then I reconsidered....nobody said it had to be 30 consecutive posts so I decided I would go all-in. But...I'm not a baseball guy. Sure, I have baseball cards. You can't be a card collector as long as I have been and not accumulate some. But I don't have enough to do this project. What I'm going to do is tailor it to suit my needs. I'll use Tony's 30 days, but it will be my collection that provides the scans- you will see NBA, you will probably see NASCAR and NHL, and you will definitely see non-sports cards. I have not planned much beyond post #1 yet so I don't know what all will show up, for the most part.

Here's the 30 Days Challenge list as posted by Tony:
I don't plan to repost it every post so memorize it, save it to your computer, or bookmark this post for future reference, LOL. Or better yet, write your own series!

Some of these are going to be tough. Not because I don't have anything to choose from, but because I have too much to choose from! How do I pick a favorite card out of more than 140,000 options? I'm sure I'll come up with something.

But #1, is A card from the current year with a photo you like.
I have chosen 2016-17 Hoops #40, Paul Millsap of the Atlanta Hawks. My fondness for through the glass (backboard) shots has been previously documented, and the look on both player's faces is fun. Millsap seems to know what a cool shot this is going to be, and the Blazers player, who I think is Al-Farouq Aminu, seems to be throwing up his hands knowing he won't be able to block this shot.

The fact that it shows the alternate red Hawks jersey is just an added bonus.The Hawks jersey number and the trim is neon yellow...doesn't really show in photos or scans very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment