Wednesday, July 13, 2016

No Nationals for me- a request for help!

The National Sports Collector's Convention is in Atlantic City next month, as I'm sure most of you are aware. I really thought I would be able to go this year, which would have been my first National and my first card show of any sort since 2005.

But it's not going to happen. To be honest, I can't afford it. It's too far to travel to and back from in one day, and the motels in Atlantic City are very expensive. Plus they charge you to park, which is a crime. Add in the fact that we don't have a working car, and may not have one for any time in the forseeable future if ever again, so we would have to rent one.
And that's not even taking into account the fact that you need money for cards at a card show.
I don't have $1000 to drop on something fun by frivolous. 

I really, really wanted to go, and I know by missing it this year, I may never get to one. But it can't be helped.

So, I am wondering if I could get some help from the card blogging community. If Panini issues a NASCAR promo set, can somebody help me get a copy for my collection? I figure there is a chance they will do one since they will be launching their NASCAR cards a week before the National.

They may include them in a multi-sport set...that's fine too.

I would trade in your favor of course, I've got more than 15,000 cards available and a well-stocked Target if you want some modern baseball, football or hockey packs instead.

I'm sorry to beg but the NASCAR promos issued at the National are always very hard to track down. I only have one of the many sets issued and got that through the kindness of another collector as well.

Thanks in advance.

As an aside, I've updated my Top 10 Most Wanted card list on the right side of the page, before the list of card blogs. 

4 comments:

  1. Exactly when is this and at what venue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm getting the VIP ticket. You're welcome to the NASCAR cards. I have some from previous years as well....email QAPLAGCA at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will send that email shortly. You rock!

      Delete
  3. There are quite a few from the previous years on COMC. And just like always, the site will get flooded with those promo cards not too long after the show has ended.

    ReplyDelete