Sunday, May 22, 2016

Blog on the run... or, Just phoning it in

Trying something new here, blogging from my phone. I have finally joined the 21st century as I have made the transition to a smartphone, a gift from my brother on May 1st this year. Typing on the phone is not all that easy but it's not as hard as I thought it would be, either. While I'm no Luddite I'm not really up on fancy gadgets and electronics and in fact I don't even own a working CD player! I do have a couple that stopped working so it's not like I've never had one. Anyway, the phone is a great thing. Best thing about is that I am now able to play Simpsons tapped out which is a great game.

If you look at the top of my blog, you will see my pages and the newest addition to that is my Wantlist. I am slowly working on getting everything all on to one page so I can just pull up the page and scroll to each set to see what I need. It's slow going compounded by the fact that I've been sick for almost two weeks but I will get there.

Originally I was going to pull up each set on the Database to check for each set but it took way too long to do especially as the connection at a local card dealer was very slow and spotty to boot.

Eventually I will get the entire NBA and NASCAR plus non-sports listed there but it may take a while.

The camera on the phone is actually pretty good. The pictures it takes of cards are actually better than what I can get on my real camera. Go figure!


I just happened to have this card at hand when I got the phone and it came out very good.


8 comments:

  1. The picture looks pretty good. You'll find that the newer camera phones can take amazing photos of refractors, bringing out the rainbow effect that scanners usually can't. Hopefully you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'll have to try photographing a Refractor with it...I just got one in the mail from COMC a few days ago (right before I got sick) so I have one easily accessible too. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. I forgot to mention in it here last night, but I noticed you split up the 1977-78 set into separate gray and white back sets. I thought it was kind of funny, since I just did the same thing this past weekend. It's something I have been meaning to do for a while, now it's almost like starting the set all over again.

      Delete
  2. I have posted from my phone once or twice, it is helpful in a pinch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! If I can get to the National in a few months, which I am hoping for, there might be a post or two made from the show...

      Delete
  3. I use pictures from my phone all the time, but never to actually make a post. It turned out pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think so too. While I will still post mostly scans, I would not be at all surprised to post more phone pictures in the future...especially if I have something that would take a long time to get scanned and I want to post quickly.

      Delete